Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD recorder w freeview analogue i-link?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chrisgor, Oct 9, 2005.

1. chrisgor

chrisgor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very interested in the Pansonic DMRES20D, which had freeview but also lets me watch other analogue channels. However it has no i-link for my dvcamcorder and I do want that.

Any suggestions on alternatives? I need a freeview box, not necessarily integrated but I think it makes the cabling up easier to have one only more box. I have access to analogue cable and a separate digital aerial. At the moment I have a JVC vhs recorder/dvd player box, wired up to my stereo.

I will want to archive vhs to dvd; record from both freeview and analogue (the latter very occasional but necessary) and be able to switch to listening through my stereo. I will also want to be able to use recorded DVD's on other machines/my computer and am aware of the various formats and specs needed.

How do I cable all this up if I get a separate DVD recorder and freeview box? (I'm not very interested in having an HDD model, unless I can be convinced that it will really make my life easier. There isn't that much that I want to record.)

I was looking at the Lite-on DVD recorders - 5002 models as well. They are certainly well specified but what is the recording quality like, compared to the Panasonic? Are they reliable? I've seen a lot of good reviews of this model. (I would get a separate freeview box of course in this case.)

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks CHG

2. rpram1

rpram1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jvc drm150s on jvc website. this model appears to be a dvd recorder with
    freeview and ilink . no reviews for this model as yet