DVD Recorder vs DVD/VCR Combo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by el bandido, Jan 7, 2003.

1. el bandido

el bandido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of DVD / VCR combinations?

Theres a toshiba DVD / VCR which looks to equivalent to the 210.

I'm not sure about buying a recorder yet until the vhs / betamax battle is done

Thanks for your help

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You mean the battle between the DVD recorder formats. Well don't hold your breath for that battle won't be over any time soon if at all. It is quite possible multiple DVD recording format will co-exist with each other as is the case with video camcorder formats.

Anyhow. The bottom line is that the DVD so called format war is nothing like the VHS/Betamax scenerio. All DVD recorder format can produce DVD's that can be played on standard DVD players. So there is no real danger of choosing either format with baring that in mind.

If you can afford a DVD recorder then forget the DVD/VCR combo option. VHS is steadily on it's way out and the sooner the better having experienced the fantastic quality of DVD recording.

I favour the Panasonic format Others will speak in favour of the plus format (for some strange reason:D :D)

To summarise it is quite pointless to wait for the formats to sort them selves out. My advice make a choice of format and simply enjoy now for tomorrow might never come.