1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder, TV, Sky Setup - Help needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by twister, Jun 3, 2004.

1. twister

twister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I've just taken delivery of a new Pioneer 3100. Problems I am having is that in DVD mode the screen is only 4:3 ratio and not widescreen. It also records this way as well. Sky have now changed from 16:9 to an enlarged 4:3. Therefore the top of the screen is missing i.e. sky sports logo and the bottom as well. I have checked the setting on the sky box and it says 16:9. I can't find any menu on the pioneer to change to 16:9 in anything other than playback.
    Setup - RF Inlet to sky, output to DVD recorder. RF Outlet from DVD to TV. Sky is linked to DVD via scart and DVD is linked to TV via scart as well. Also could someone recommend a good indoor ariel.
    Please help.
    Regards.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    All recorders record and play back at 4:3. The only difference is that widescreen is squashed horizontally and then expanded again on the widescreen set. When you record you are probably loosing the widescreen flag, requiring you to manually reset the tv to widescreen mode. The flag is only retained on recordings to ram disc and hdd.