Dvd recorder / TV/ Hdmi connections

eric4395

Standard Member
Have recently purchased a Hanspree 32" lcd Hd ready tv and also a Sony RDR-GX350 analogue tuner Dvd recorder, i also have a cable receiver.
Have managed to connect everything up with scart sockets and RF cables as advised by which magazine" online connection wizard" as i was not sure how to do it. Everything seems ok however the tv and recorder both have connections for hdmi cables. My sound is connected up to my hi-fi with the normal red & white small phono connections. Can anyone advise me
1) is it worthwhile useing hdmi connections
2) if yes do i just take out the scart connection from tv to recorder and connect up hdmi cablebetween them.
3)Will it improve picture on tv in general or just when playing dvd discs (Films etc)
4) Dvd player says able to upscale to full 1080p via hdmi what exactly does this mean ie when would i notice this.
Thanks for any replies from a complete novice as you will have gathered from my questions.

MuksC

Novice Member
i don't know about question 1, but the answer to question 2 is yes, you'd replace the scart lead connections with a HDMI lead connecting the two devices.

question 3, yes the recorder will upscale everything that goes through it.

Q4, 1080p is full HD, and unless your TV is full HD (meaning it has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels), you won't get 1080p. so first check what resolution your TV is. if it is 1920x1080, then it might be worth doing, but i doubt a 32" LCD TV has that high a resolution, i think you'd need over 42" to get that resolution. i think smaller TVs have resolutions of 1366x768 pixels, so obviously you can't get 1080p on those (the 1080 refers to the number of horizontal lines on the screen, the 2nd figure in the X x Y resolution).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom