1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder to home cinema via RCA - No Dolby Digital

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by johnniekipper, Jul 15, 2005.

1. johnniekipper

johnniekipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Philips DVD/Home Cinema where I can play DVDs and get Dolby Digital and DTS no problem. I then bought a DVD recorder which I want to play my DVDs on (because it has component out which the other one doesnt for the component in on my projector). I connected the audio out to the audio in with RCA / phono cables but I do not get surround sound i.e. no center speaker sound. My recorder does have coax and optical outputs but the DVD/Home Theatre does not have the inputs.

Any ideas what I can do to get better sound ?

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi johnniekipper,

I don't think there's anything more you can do with your current setup. To get surround sound you would have to have a digital connection.

That's the problem with this hobby. You upgrade one bit and then realise that you need to upgrade other bits aswell. I reckon you need to start looking for an AV amplifier and seperate speaker package if you want decent sound to go with the component video from your DVD player.

3. johnniekipper

johnniekipper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Peridot. I was thinking that was my only option alright.