1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder that can record multiple formats

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jtorry, Jul 10, 2005.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I need a recorder than than record pal, pal 60 and NTSC. Can anyone suggest a suitable recorder? Thanks.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    Not many DVD recorders can do this however the Pioneer range will - the precise model will depend upon your other needs. If you want to archive from a VHS sourse then the Panasonic DMR-ES30V (DVDR/VCR) combi will also do what you want. Some of the Philips range do as well - but you would be well advised to steer clear of them especially if you want to archive from a VHS source.

Have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature for general DVD buying advice!

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    having given the sweetspot another try I had some success with Pal video captures using iuVCR, but today I am trying to capture some NTSC footage from a PS2 game and it is having none of it.

So can anyone recomend a DVD recorder that can handle multiple video formats?