DVD Recorder Sony rdr gx7

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kevi, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Kevi

Kevi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I want to buy a dvd recorder that can produce dvd's that can be played on all or most players.
    I record quite a few weddings each year and want to offer my customers the wedding on dvd.
    I,ve heard that the sony gx7 will fit the bill, i,ve tried downloading the review from july without success.
    Has any one got one? Or the review? Is this the machine for the job or is there something better?

Many Thanks

Kev.:hiya:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    If you record your weddings (etc) on digital camcorder then any DVD recorder with iLink in will do the job - this includes the Sony GX7 as well as alot of other (and cheaper) machines! DVD-R is widely regarded as the most compatible format:
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/DVDMediaFormats/Home.aspx
    ...so I would suggest any DVD recorder that has iLink and DVD-R recording will do. Thus look at the reviews/choose between (in no particular order):
    JVC DRM1
    Panasonic DMRE60
    Pioneer 3100
    Sony GX7

You may also want to review the Philips DVDR75. This also has iLink in but records to DVD+RW/+R. Personally I would stick with the official formats as they are better supported.

All the above only applies assuming you don't want to EDIT the recordings once copied to DVD-R. If you do want to edit then you'll have to get a HDD/DVDR combo where you can record onto the HDD, edit as required and then copy to a DVD-R. In such a case choose between:
    Panasonic HS2
    Panasonic E100
    Pioneer 5100