DVD Recorder Recommendations

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dark Eyes, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello folks,

I'm looking for a -R/RW DVD Recorder (HD not needed) with S-VHS in (RGB not needed).

It needs to be easy to operate from the front of the machine, have easy method of setting Record mode, eg 1hr, 2hr, 4hr etc, and ideally have a 'solid' tray as I can see that getting broken - just as it was on the computer.

Has anybody got any recommendations ?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    From the requirements stated their seems to be quite a few DVD recorders that would fit the bill. None, I should point out, have particularly robust disk trays though. Are we talking 'child-proof' here?

What sort of budget are you looking at? LG recorders are cheap but a Sony is probably less complex to be honest for day to day recording.

3. Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As 'teenage child-proof' as a DVD Recorder can be ...

I was thinking of around £200, but it is more the 'ease of use', especially from the front of the machine that I am interested in.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Probably the best at that price range is the Pioneer 220 (I assume you have ruled out the Panasonic E55 due to no DVD-RW). It's not teenager proof (but none are) - it's quite simple to use but does have more advanced features should you require them one day.