1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Recorder Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by david fox, Mar 28, 2005.

1. david fox

david fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody i own a Philips d vd recorder model d v dr70
    It has been fine for the last year using Packard Bell and Verbatam blanks. However i have bought some Philips blanks and my recorder will not record on these discs. Any clue why a Phillips machine will not record on Phillips blanks? this one is driving me mad. Thanks in advance.

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When it comes to some of these Philips DVD recorders, nothing suprises us!!
    Do the other brands of blank disc still work or are you having problems writing to all DVD+R/RW media?
    If it is just the Philips discs, then it could possibly be a bad batch or firmware issue. If you are having difficulties writing to all DVD media, then your recorder is dying a miserable death. Best thing to do is do some tests using different media and find out, then report your findings to us or Philips or both!

3. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Are your Philips discs 1-4x speed, or do you need to upgrade the recorder firmware to use anything higher than 1x?