• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVD Recorder or Fujitsu MEDIA CENTRE?

M

MoB

:confused: Considering the Fujitsu Scaleo E as the Panasonic DVD recorders (to match my TV) don't quite hit the mark. Any reviews, as i can't find one on here?

QUESTIONS:
1. Are these Media Centres upgradable, or more like Laptops? I am thinking that I would be able to upgrade the Video card in the future when HDTV is standard (unlike a DVD recorder which would become obsolete. Also increase HDD etc, as necessary.

2. Will I be compromising on video quality?

3. Are they all as noisy as a PC?

Cheers
MoB

D

Deleted member 39241

If you are looking for upgradeability you may be better off self-building.. or at least buying a ready built one in a larger case with expansion slots. Also, a media center with only one tuner is not recommended, you miss out on a lot of the cool tv recording features, and will be forever trying to resolve recording conflicts.

R

rgmaniac

I bought mine with three tuners so no probs with recording conflicts, case also has plenty of room for expansion. No probs with noise either very quiet.
my two cents

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom