1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder LG4912

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garylisa, Sep 12, 2004.

1. garylisa

garylisa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've justbought a LG 4912 recorder to go with rest of system, I'm happy that I can record images from my DV camcorde; however I was told that I coyuld record original movies, this does not appear to be the case. Is it possible?? :smashin:

2. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can you tell me some info on this machine.

Does it write to dvd-rw and does it have RGB in?

3. nypdblue

nypdblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I purchased this from Richer Sounds 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty impressed, though not totally.

In answer yes it does have both dvd-rw & dvd+rw, though the manual does not state RGB Input which is somewhat of a negative.

After the 2 hour recording mode the quality is pretty poor on 4hr & 6hr options, it really could have done with a 2 1/2 hr & 3 hr record facility like Philips models. The menu set up is impressive with recorded titles playing and chapter breakdown, also PIP facility while watching recordings is useful, finally it's pretty nice looking model.