• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVD Recorder in Black with Freeview ?

lurcher

In the process of upgrading equipment and going down the black route, anyone know of recorder with freeview about to be released in black ?

TIA

marty2005

Possibly the new Hitachi

ds-dv162/252/514 models. Out in March.

lurcher

Thanks for that I"ll have a look. Noticed the Pioneer 433 and Panasonic E10 are available in black but no freeview.

zebs

lurcher said:
Thanks for that I"ll have a look. Noticed the Pioneer 433 and Panasonic E10 are available in black but no freeview.

The ES20 is available in Black in the USA http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_2/102-0080721-1466526?_encoding=UTF8
but of course, no Freeview over there.

Can't say have seen one in this country in black.

You could try contacting Panasonic UK and asking if the new models coming out shortly (ES15 i think is one?) will be available in black.

lurcher

Zebs,
Just had a look at the 2006 Panasonic range and they are the usual silver with some black on the display, I think I"ll wait a little longer and see whats available in a month or so.
Going to upgrade my Panasonic PW5 next month, poss with one of the new Panasonic screens , so may well choose a recorder to match.

zebs

I think the new models are coming out in UK in March and April.

Edit: Ah, sorry i just noticed you said the 2006 range. Looks like black isn't the new black at Panasonic then

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom