DVD recorder for under £150

P

Phydeaux

Hi

Richer Sounds have a Yamada DVR8000 currently on offer at £149.00. Not sure what the unit's like, but it seems cheap enough.

Phil

Not progressive scan though.

I would have thought that if you can afford to buy something that can use prog scan you wouldn't be looking at a sub-£150 dvd recorder. IMHO of course!

Phil

but for £150.....can't really go wrong...

..my point exactly! - that and to let people know that there is a potential bargian to be had, should they be interested in it and are able to accept any shortcomings it may have.

Phil :)

I'm not having a pop, but the one at scan for £20.00 (Now £30.00) more has progressive scan.

Just expressing a point.

and it's a good point too mate. If prog scan is worth the £20 or £30 more to you then the scan one is the one to go for.

Now if only I could type 'bargain' the way it's spelled...

Phil

Well, anyone heard of the "Scan Ellion" DVD recorder? (whose insides etc)

Did not mean to take a pop at anyone,& must admit am always a little wary of manufacturers I have never heard of!

B.

Plus having "Progressive Scan" isn't the same as being able to produce a good picture... most cheap prog scan players won't look any better when switched from interlaced to progressive on today's plasmas and projectors...

Does anyone know the region free code?
Just trying to be a real cheapskate and save £20...

Cheers

you might as well pay £50 more and get a proper branded machine. That might last over the warenntee period !

Many of the branded players are now made on the cheap in chinese factories. I still agree with your point though as the bigger players seem to do a much better job of putting the right features in a dvd recorder like proper RGB recording. Well at least Philips and Panasonic do anyway.

I'm interested in this player aswell, basically want to record from vhs and some camcorder tapes. and at this price seems good, either thsi or the lg model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom