1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder DVD Playback Qaulity

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by marshy.dave, Dec 24, 2003.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking into buying a DVD recorder but am struggling to find any reviews that really mention the dvd playback quality. My main reason for purchasing one is to save space and get rid of the video recorder. I have a Hitachi 42" plasma that is showing the age of my current Panasonic DVD A350 dvd player and thought the best bet would be to get a DVD recorder.

Can anyone recommend a recorder with excellent playback capability. I am not fussed which format either.

Thanks

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it is all very subjective. Firstly you need to decide if you want a dvd recorded with a HDD

I don't think the difference in quality of dvd players is all that significant until you start paying serious money.

As you only want one player I think that rules out the Toshiba XS30 as it doesn't support multiregion. However this is a better stand alone player than the Panasonic

I suppose for the best picture quality you would want component outputs and progressive scan

I don't know anything about the sony DVDR but out of the Panasonic E100 Toshiba XS30 and the Pioneer 5100. The Pioneer is meant to be the better player