1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder + DISH receiver incompatible??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by redimego, Jan 28, 2005.

1. redimego

redimego

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my DishNet Satellite Receiver set up and my Panasonic DMR-E85H set up. The problem I’m having now is to get the Sat Receiver set up to recognize the DVD Recorder when set for timer recording. It has set ups for just about all types of VCR’s and Turner/Receivers plus a number of DVD Players. What I want to do is have the Sat receiver change channels for recording different shows over night.

I can not set the Sat Receiver in the timer mode until it "Sees" the VCD/DVD. The manual for the Sat shows a number of three digit codes that are used for various VCR's/DVD/TV system, it does not show anything for DVD Recorders

I tried the codes for panasonic dvd players & panasonic vhs players, it don't work!!

somebody here got the same problem?? Is there a solution?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

2. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a sta reciever ( a Manhattan 5900). When I want to record onto my DMRE55 I just set the timers in the sat box to record what channels I want and then switch the sat box off. I then use the ext link button on the DVDR. Whenever the Sat reciever comes on the DVDR records the input. Sorry I can't be of more help but it may be an alternative method
    Soapy

3. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry m8 just read your post again and I realise you have a different prob to what I thought
    Soapy