1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder Connection ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DTS Rocks !, Feb 29, 2004.

1. DTS Rocks !

DTS Rocks !

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,getting SKY+ shortly,just got a Philips DVDR80 DVD Recorder.Can i connect the two,for copying to from the SKY+ ? I know you can copy to VCR,but just wondered about DVD ! Also,the DVDR80 has SAT Mouse,a way of changing channels on a satellite box,will this work with SKY+ ? Are the IXOS XFT02 scart cables any good,as the company selling them say they are a good first step into Home Cinema,and wondered if it might just be a marketing ploy,as i at the moment cannot afford £35 for just one scart,when i need a few.I have a Ferguson 32in widescreen tv with 2 scarts,i know it's not great but it does the job for now,a Sharp VCR with 2 scarts,the DVDR80 with 2 scarts,and shortly SKY+,which i believe has 2 scarts too ! I need to connect them all so i can record to SKY+ and DVD's,and copy to both videotape and dvd from SKY+,and playback from VCR.Sounds a nightmare,anyone got any helpful suggestions,many thanks ? :smashin:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Assuming one Scart is RGB Compatible then you can set up your system as follows:

Sky+ TV Out > DVDR > TV RGB in (AV1)
    SKY+ VCR > VCR > TV AV2

This way you can record in RGB to your DVDR80 and record in composite to your VCR. If your TV doesn't have RGB in then you can use the S-Video connections.

3. DTS Rocks !

DTS Rocks !

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one mate.The TV has 2 scarts,one black,one blue,and s-video.I did have my old dvd connected via s-video,because of the lack of scarts,but now my new DVDR80 has arrived,i decided to connect via scart,as no longer needed the 2 VCR's i had connected either,as the DVDR80 is multi-region,so all in all,i got the DVDR80 for £347,got rid of one of the VCR's and the old Pioneer DVD 515,both will go up to our bedroom to be connected to the tv up there,which is only a 14in portable,1 tuner, with integrated vcr,and 1 scart.I intend to put them through a scart switcher so it will be easier,just flick a switch.Thanks for the suggestions. :smashin: