dvd recorder changes channel when recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by arthurx1234, Jan 1, 2007.

1. arthurx1234

arthurx1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a xmas pressy i got a dvd recorder to replace my video recorder---so i unplugged the video made a note of where all the scarts go and slotted in my new dvd recorder--works great but with 1 problem

When i choose 1 touch recording or timer recording-- lets say i am watching bbc 2 and want to record something on sky1 when its time for the prog on sky to be recorded the dvd starts recording sky but automatically turns the tv to sky 1(this problem happens with all channels not just sky)

i hope some one can help me with this problem

i always watch the tv on channel AV2

Any ideas

cheers
    arthur

2. Derek L

Derek L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't say how you have things connected but from what you say there are two likely ways

Sky -> DVD Recorder -> AV2 on TV
    or

Sky -> AV2 on TV
    Sky -> DVD Recorder
    DVD Recorder -AV? on TV

either way it sounds as if you are normally watching TV from the Sky box, either directly or via the DVD recorder.

Therefore the TV is going to have on it whatever is coming from the Sky box - which will change to what you have set it to record.

To whatch something different you will need to use a seperate tuner - normally the one in the TV - but you will be limited to the 5 terestial channels. So if yopu want to watch BBC2 - do it on BBC2 on the TV not on AV2.

Derek

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Derek L has pointed out why you always have to watch the channel you are recording.

Watch the 5 terrestial channels on the TV's own tuner with the AV setting at TV.

If you require to watch a freeview channel whilst recording something from SKY then purchase a separate FREEVIEW STB and connect it to AV1 on your TV then use the TV set to AV1 to watch freeview. (needs an aerial to the STB so connect aerial co-ax cable from aerial to STB to DVD recorder to TV).