1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder Causes RGB Chaos

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by pavement, Jul 21, 2004.

1. pavement

pavement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well not chaos exactly but it is giving me a few headaches and I would be most grateful for any input from your good selves.

My TV only has 1 RGB capable scart and until I installed the Pioneer DVR-520 this was not a problem.

Original Setup
    I have a manual RGB scart switchbox (which has Xbox/PS2/Dreamcast) connected to the loopthrough RGB scart on the back of my old Sony DVD Player and the RGB output on that going to the RGB Scart on the TV. My Nokia 221T Freeview box was connected to the Scart input on my video and looped through to the non-RGB Scart on the TV. This was great and the important stuff (Consoles and DVD) were all RGB.

New Setup
    Now with the DVD recorder I have to run the Freeview box into the RGB loopthrough on the DVD recorder and on to the RGB scart on the TV. The switchbox with all the consoles on it is having to run via the loopthrough on the video and into the non-RGB Scart (I still need the video for play back).

Is there anyway I can set this up so that I can also get my consoles back on RGB ? I don't mind buying another switchbox or more cables although I am slightly worried about degrading the signal. Any advice about the best way to go about this (other than buy a decent TV) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

2. pavement

pavement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought myself a Holdan 1000 switchbox so hopefully that should sort my problems out.

3. rich_jtg

rich_jtg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The only problem I've found with the holdan is that it only has one RGB output, so you end up having to either connect sources directly to the recorder as well as the switch box, or use the VCR output with is composite. :rolleyes: