Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD Recorder Bedroom Set-up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dicky, Apr 21, 2005.

1. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All
    I have just brought a 26" LCD TV for upstairs, this has 2 scarts (1 RGB) and component input. I have an old Sony 735 player which I want to upgrade. I have decided on the Panasonic DMR-EH50 (yes I know it's a recorder :) as I would like the best of both worlds. I would like to utilise the progressive scan playback for DVD's but note (ref the WV&WSTV Mag) that component and RGB outputs cannot not be active simultaneously. Does this mean I would have to leave RGB on for normal recording and then switch on the Component Prog Scan when I wanted to watch a movie from my collection??
    Please note I have a Pioneer DVD downstairs which is connected to a non prog scan TV so swapping over is not an option.
    Why is there this limitation - if indeed it is a limitation, what do people do with this sort of set-up? Please don't say to buy a dedicated DVD player.
    PS I also have the Pace Twin upstairs and I hardly ever archive anything onto DVD so please bear this in mind.
    Regards

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    No, it just means the EH50 can't output component and RGB at the same time. It can still take a RGB input and record it. With this setup, whatever you are watching on the EH50 will be component.

Mark

3. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ahh, many thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regards