DVD recorder advice

alexred

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been researching what DVD player/recorders are on the market, but I can't seem to find anything that isn't also a freeview player.

We have a Virgin+ box in the living room, via which we watch TV and record programmes. We only absolutely need a DVD player, but a DVD recorder would be handy to record from the Virgin+ box to watch programmes/films on the TV in the bedroom.

My husband and I are useless when it comes to connecting home-entertainment equipment.
I had a nightmare connecting the last DVD recorder we bought. So I have 2 questions that I hope you can help with:
1. Will a DVD recorder/player with freeview be OK to connect to our TV & Virgin+ box?
2. Can anyone recommend a good DVD player/recorder that fits this bill and is straightforward to connect and use?

Many thanks

I think new DVD recorders are quite hard to get hold of now. My advice would be to get a Sony rdrhxd range recorder from eBay. They are superb recorders and very easy to use and set up. They are old now but still loads for sale on eBay and not too expensive . Go for one with a hard drive on to back up a load of Virgin content and then burn to DVDs . Hope that helps

Second what Adam says. Have two of the machines a hxd870 and a hxd890 and both have been reliable, bought second hand around 3 to 4 years ago. Used to have a third but sold it on as three was a bit overkill.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom