1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recommendation

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by smurf, Oct 30, 2004.

1. smurf

smurf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just purchased a Philips 32pf9986, which has a DVI-i connector. I have an Arcam DV88. Do you think I would see a major improvement in picture quality if a replaced my Arcam DV88 with a decent quality DVI-i DVD player (£500 mark)? Any advise would be appreciated, if you would recommend a new DVD player, what player would be best. Thanks

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'd be better to go for a DV79 (Twice what you want to pay) as the HDMI should be compatible with your screen and anything else would be a drop from your existing through component.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    IMO you are unlikely to get a VFM upgrade spending £500 on a new DVI DVD player to watch on a 32" screen. The improvement of DVI over component on a screen of this size may well be noticeable, but I doubt it would be a £500 worth of improvement - unless you are unhappy with the PQ already (come on it's an Arcam, how can you be unhappy with the PQ :nono: ) or just want to upgrade anyway :devil: .

But at the end of the day only you can decide if it will be money well spent. So you need to get to a dealer and get a home loan of a DVI DVD player to test on your own screen. Then you will KNOW if it would be a worth while upgrade or not.

Mark.