1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD REC / DVB / HDD and MUSIC ? OVER AMBITIOUS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by moog1, Aug 20, 2005.

1. moog1

moog1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have filled my Sony 300 CD store and was considering Yamaha HDD till i saw the price! Now aiming at a DVD recorder with large HDD capacity - previous threads have helped. Would use part for AV and part for music - need to link PC to unit for digital music therefore. None have 'optical in', Pioneer and Tosh provide 'DV/firewire' and Panasonic units have SD cards as possible but imperfect solutions. Will the units upload 'burnt' CD's? Or have Apple got it right streaming music from PC, wirelessly, to Airport Express which then can connect easily to my amp - superb organisation of the music included. The combined AV / music HDD player seems a long way off!! Comments please.

2. kiza

kiza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You can try using modded Xbox.With it I can stream PC HD content to home cinema system. Also if internal Xbox HD is upgraded then you can save all your music on it.It can even rip CDs.