1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rebuilder + cce on...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by e365user, Feb 14, 2005.

1. e365user

e365user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    550mhz p3
    128 ram
    is it possible?
    if yes, how fast?

2. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    just and not very! With the electricity bill generated you could have bought the dvd :)

3. e365user

e365user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried it?
    on divx5 it takes around 15 hours to generate a movie. i dont care much about that as i leave it running for the night and the following day while i am at uni.
    Wonder if cce will do the job faster/better quality?

4. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    there is no question that CCE will do it with better quality. It is a transcoder not an encoder like divx. Faster though I doubt. I have used Rebuilder/CCE many times and I have a P4 3.2, 2 gig ram and sata 800gig hd's. It takes around 4 hours door to door to do a movie. Shrink takes on average 20 mins! The other thing to note is the odd problem with rebuilder, it can handle multiangles now but doesn't transcode them. It is up to ver .76 for vip users, but I'm poor so I have to wait for the public release! (.73)

HTH

5. e365user

e365user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i see.
    How would you compare the quality of Shrink at 80-90% and divx5?
    thx.

6. CTID

CTID

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    different beasts really. Shrink will produce dvd compliant files while divx will produce a file which needs a specific codec to run, so it can only be viewed on a PC. It is more a questions of whether divx is better than xvid TBH.

If you simply want to rip movies to your PC at the best possible quality then use dvddecrypter then it will be 100% quality of the original. dvdshrink and rebuilder/cce will produce a 4.7gig output. Divx will produce anything down to 200meg if you really go to town but the quality will be rubbish obviously.

In terms of like for like quality, I would guess that if divx was allowed to produce a 4.7gig avi it would look pretty good, possibly better than shrink but for the time difference it is not really worth it.

What is it you are trying to do?