DVD rattle?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nick55, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Nick55

Nick55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just bought a Denon 1710 DVD player. This is my first DVD player, apart from one in the pc.

Trying out a couple of wife's new exercise DVDs last night, one of them seemed to make an excessive vobration - almost a rattle while playing. It played fine, but there was quite a loud rattle type noise if you were next to the player. Another DVD produced a very slight rattle, but one that you could hardly hear.

The rattle seems to come from either the DVD or transport mechanism. It's not a rattle from the player casing.

I'm not experienced with this type of issue. Is the player or DVD faulty?

Regards
    Nick

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I suspect that it is the DVD, and the printed label (in particular) that is causing the problem. Too much ink on one side is effecting the balance.

3. Nick55

Nick55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reply. There is no printed label, the images are printed onto the disk.

Are particular DVD players more susceptable to this problem than others?

4. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If it is only one disc I would go with the disc being a problem, maybe not true, slightly warped maybe.

I would be surprised if its the player at fault. I'd try a few more discs and if it reoccurs take the player back. It shouldn't rattle.

The dvd/cd players I have had make a slight noise, but nothing that can be heard over the content of a disc.

5. rtype

rtype

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    my current DVD had a huge rattle with some disks,
    its a YAMAKAWA 375 so I wasn't hugly supprised (reckoning it was just a piece of crap and I should have bought a better known brand)

anyway I took it appart, fiddled with it all to no end.

then I realised that when I had it on my table it never rattled, only when in the av unit.

so I moved it from a glass shelf only supported at either end to a shelf that rested on metal for it's full length.

voila no more rattle :thumbsup:

damn near silent now.