DVD-RAM to DVD-R Dubbing Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mike7162, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mike7162

mike7162

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the Panasonic DMR-E55 in December, and am very happy with it, once I translated the manual. Since I was in the market for a DVD player as well, I opted for a Panasonic to dispense with RAM compatibility issues. Editing on RAM is a breeze, however when I play the RAM disc in the player, there is a slight pause and freezing before the edit points. This is a minor problem with edited commercials, but when I edit my home videos, this is extremely annoying. Is this something that can be corrected? The player is the S37. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Oh, and by the way, I don't own a computer, so that option is right out.

Thanks!

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    That's normal on the S27 and S37 I'm afraid as they lack the ability for seemless playback. TBH there really isn't much that can be done unless you invest in either a HDD/DVDR combi or a new DVD player.

3. Tocsin

Tocsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an E85 (bought at Christmas, still learning). Was about to buy an S27 to play back the RAM discs, so am interested in the pause issue.

Are there any players (pref. Panasonic) that do have seamless playback?

TIA