dvd-ram reader for the PC?

F

fremar

I am trying to find a dvd-ram reader for my PC. I already have a pioneer 105 writer so any dvd-rom reader with dvd-ram support would be adequate. Sourcing one is proving to be difficult.
Has anyone any suggestions of make/model number and supplier of a suitable reader.

Dvd-ram may be excellent for editting etc. but the support for it is definately on the wane.

Thanks in Advance

fremar

jem

Novice Member
Originally posted by fremar
I am trying to find a dvd-ram reader for my PC. I already have a pioneer 105 writer so any dvd-rom reader with dvd-ram support would be adequate. Sourcing one is proving to be difficult.
Has anyone any suggestions of make/model number and supplier of a suitable reader.

Dvd-ram may be excellent for editting etc. but the support for it is definately on the wane.

Thanks in Advance

fremar
Panasonic SR8588.

£20.66 from Ebuyer
http://***********/lv35

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Dvd-ram may be excellent for editting etc. but the support for it is definately on the wane
Actually it's on the increase! DVD-RAM has, with the exception of the last few years, been a high end business solution not designed for consumer use. That has onbviously changed now and the likes of Toshiba, Panasonic and Samsung have added support to their DVD-ROM drives. Even Pioneer support it in their A07 DVD burner!

Support for DVD-RAM will always be relatively low compared to the others DVDR formats but then that is something you accept when you buy into the format.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom