1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Ram playback on RA-82

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fuel Crusher, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Fuel Crusher

Fuel Crusher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I received delivery of my new Panasonic RA-82 this morning from BE-Direct.co.uk . The main reason I bought this was to compliment my E-30 recorder so being able to edit ram discs on the E-30 and then dub from the RA-82 to DVD-R.
    I've only had a quick play but first impressions are not great. When playing back a Ram disc the picture freezes momentarily on an edit point, very disappointed as it's obvious and annoying. I tried editing out sections by using the divide function and this seemed a touch better. The next thing I tried was to edit sections out via a playlist, as in not actualy delete the portions just playlist around them. This last option gave the best results but it was still noticable.
    I'll have a further play and report back.

Paul.

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Fuel Crusher. As I pointed out on another thread your edit point pause results come as no surprise. I purchased the E20 some 6 months ago and have just recently got the E30 to complement it.

If you can afford (I love spending other peoples money) You would be much better off seeing if the dealer would exchange it for an E30 and pay the couple of hundred extra. It really is worth it as you would be in recorder dream land. Also you have the benefit of recording two different channels at the same time.

Get the bank manager out of his cupboard and beg for more money......:D :D Good luck. Malcom

3. Fuel Crusher

Fuel Crusher
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello malcom, there's little chance of my missus letting me get another E-30, I had to get her a top of the range Dyson to cool her down after this purchase :D
    I haven't had much time for any further playing with the Ram discs but I have tried an E-proformance DVD-R in it and it plays great, I'm getting more amd more impressed with this brand of dvd-r.
    Another down point with the RA-82 though is that for some reason my macrovision buster won't work with it. I can copy great from my old Proline to the E-30 but the 82 just brings up the dreaded 'copying of this material is not allowed message'. Strange, I always figured that it was the recorder that caused problems with macrovision removal not the player. I may import a region and macro free chip to solder on.

Paul.

4. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Fuel Crusher. How about trading in the missus! That should solve your problem.:D :D

Over a period of about three months I have used about twenty Eproformance discs. I have had some fail. You can't be sure any recording on any media is ok unless the recording is watched "in full" afterwards. I have had some of the Eproformance discs stick and refuse to play any further. Thus resulting in a useless recording.

Having said that they are no worse than any other cheap media with regard to failure rate. Traxdata for example have been a nightmare on my E20 but fine on the E30. FWS is still my favourite as far a recording and playback reliability. But some of them also fail. Good luck with your work around with your player. Malcom.