1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd-r

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by simon123, Dec 19, 2003.

1. simon123

simon123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    just bought the panasonic E50

but i need some -r discs quick for those christmas movies,as the online companys only promise 3 to 5 days and thats to close

has anyone bought from pc world or staples and can recommend a brand that is compatable

thanks

2. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You're aware that you can't edit out overrun or adverts if you record directly to dvd-r? (I usually record to dvd-ram then burn dvd-r on my PC after trimming and adding menus).

PC World isn't really all that cheap for media, but most of the well known brands they sell should be fine. Alternatively, try and track down a local PC or component shop that sells media. Should be much cheaper than PC world and the likes.

3. Yuccaman

Yuccaman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Poundland do single Mirror 2 speed DVD-R's in a DVD case. Burnt 3 fine so far on my HS2 although 1 disc took three attempts to enter a title. Burnt fine after that though....

I picked up 10 Swisstec for a tenner from Toys-R-Us & 10 Memorex for £14 from Staples to try out.

Haven't got round to seeing if they work yet though...

I know most can be bought cheaper online, but most online retailers seem to hit you for postage pretty high (£5 min postage typical from many places), so as I would only want to buy no more than 25 discs a time, shop prices aren't that much lower....

4. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0