1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R x4 and x8

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dennis Leighton, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Help me please! Absolutely new to DVD's. Have just taken delivery of a JVC DR-MV1. I purchased a pack of 25 DVD-R which are marked 'Datewrite x8 4.7GB DVD-R'. Having copied some family video I have found that despite trying 4 different players no picture was visible although it was on the JVC. I have scoured the Forums but cannot find anything which will assist me in choosing the correct disc. I have recorded on a 'Memorex 1x-4x DVD-R and found that this played on all four players. I have noted that the 'Memorex' also has marked on it 'Video 120'. May someone kindly give me some guidance on the correct disc type please. Very many thanks.

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Once you have added all the video you want to a blank media, it must be finalised to allow it to be recognised? Perhaps you finalised the memorex one but not the datawrite.

I have used datawrite in my panasonic on many occasions without problem in other players, the speed capacity of the media is irrelevant as that has no bearing on its playback once finalised.

3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Very many thanks Ken. I never even thought about having to finalise the disc before playing it on another player. You are right also that the Memorex had been finalised though not by me for it was one which I had borrowed! What would I do without the help from this friendly forum!