Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD-R/W recorder advice needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmcelroy@ntlwor, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jmcelroy@ntlwor

jmcelroy@ntlwor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a UK Philips DVR80 recorder, which has the facility to record a DVD in either PAL or NTSC (when fed an NTSC source). Could anyone tell me if most DVD-R/W recorders can also do this, or is it unique to to Philips machines? The specs online for most machines don't mention this.

The reason I am asking is that although the Philips machine can play back it's own self-recorded disks OK, I've found that when played on DVD players (that say they can play DVD+R disks) playback often stutters. I am therefore considering the purchase of a DVD-R/W recorder, but only if it can record in both PAL and NTSC... and produce disks that other players can reliably play.

Any info. gratefully received.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic can record NTSC.Pioneer can record NTSC and ,like Philips,also record PAL 60 as output from UK vcr's playing NTSC vhs.Panasonic does not record PAL 60.