1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R/RW MP3 problem with Pioneer DVR-530HS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Din1958, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Din1958

Din1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have IBM PC computer and on it has a Pioneer DVD-RW DVD-/+ 109 (DL DVD Copier) Windows XP with Windows Media Player ver. 10. I have backed up my MP3 files using Windows Media Player ver 10 and using above pioneer DVD-109 using DVD-R. This way now I don’t copy them on CD-R and saves lots of CD-R.

This MP3 disk DVD-R copy plays on my JVC DR-MH30 DVD RECORDER & 160GB HARD DRIVE without any problem.

Now, at the end of June 05 I bought a Pioneer DVR-530H 160Gb (DL DVD-R). When I insert the DVD-R MP3 disk copied earlier on the Pioneer DVR-530H 160Gb it does not recognise the DVD-R at all and message come up “Cannot play this disk”

I have so far copied a few DVD-R and no joy with the Pioneer DVR-530H 160Gb (DL DVD-R).

If I copy CD-R/RW, then this works fine on the Pioneer DVR-530H 160Gb (DL DVD-R).

Are there any codes available for both the JVC and the Pioneer to make it ‘multi region’?

Please can some one help me with this? Thank you in advance.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    The Pioneer will not play MP3s off DVDR media I'm afraid. Can't help on multi-region codes - you might want to check the DVD player Hacks forum though.

3. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It's not a region problem. Some DVD recorders will not play mp3s recorded on DVD, for sympathetic copyright protection reasons.

Edit: Coincidental post to Rasczak's, above.