1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r editing via pc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by den911, Dec 29, 2004.

1. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have copied my wedding video on my e65 from vhs to dvd-r on xp setting . i have copied all the tape i know i can stop and start the tape to stop any unwanted footage what i would like to know is , is their a way of editing the dvd -r via the software i use for dv camcorder i use movie edit pro 2004 i use adobe encore to authour and burn dvd . am i correct in saying i need to change the dvd-r to a avi file witch i know my software will let me import . hope this makes sense thanks .

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    There are one or two things you can try which may work with the editing software you already have.

Is it possible to select one of the VOB files on the DVD to import into your editing package?

You could also try copying one of the VOB files to the PC HDD and renaming it with .mpeg or mpg extension.

If you are able to import pictures but no sound, this is likely to be because the DVD is recorded with AC3 audio.
    Fortunately the E65 can also record LPCM in XP mode and this is much more likely to be recognised.

One final thought is that if your camcorder has AV inputs you could use it to re-digitise the DVD footage via firewire to the PC.

3. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply . it looks like i will have to import the vhs on to my hard drive via some hardware i have borrowed a freinds dazzle dv box wich is via my usb 2 card it was really choppy and i lost a lot of dropped frames not as good has a direct copy from the e65 . the vhs that i was cpoying as all my home videos are was in long play and i cannot find the origanal 8mm . could you please tell me if i can edit with dvd ram on e65 . thanks