1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R DL Discs Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aligebes, Jun 6, 2004.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Having seen and ordered a new DVD Writer from Overclock.co.uk, I was wondering if someone here can advise or help please.

The writer is capable of working with the new DVD discs that can hold up to 8.5 gig on 1 DVD. But does anyone know where I can buy these new discs from?

Have tried looking around the web, and asking at my local computer shops(NOT PC World) but they do not know the answer either.

Thanks for reading

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The disks haven't found their way onto the market yet - expect to see stores stock them in a couple of weeks time. Initially the disks are going to be priced at upto 10 times the cost of single layer media :thumbsdow but I'm sure prices will drop soon enough.

Dual layer compatible software (for video editting etc) is also working it's way onto the market.

Personally I am going to hold back until their is some indication as to longevity, reliability and compatibility before I start burning expensive coasters.