DVD Profiler v2.0

docsmith2k1

DVD profiler v2.0 available for download folks - in case you didn't know.

Download Here

S

Squirrel God

Downloaded it this morning. Seems faster and now we can specify A4 for our reports!! :)

G

graham.myers

Just upgraded!!

Cant remember now but did version 1 have an easter egg tab?

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by graham.myers
Just upgraded!!

Cant remember now but did version 1 have an easter egg tab?
No!!!

I missed that!! Just had a look now!! Brilliant - I usually print out Easter Egg notes and slip them inside the cases but it's great to be able to store them here too!! :)

G

graham.myers

Having had play it may not be all that good - mine are all blank!!

guess we need to contribute the easter eggs

S

Squirrel God

Having had play it may not be all that good - mine are all blank!!

guess we need to contribute the easter eggs
Yes, but give it time and the nerds in the US will add them all for us anyway :D

I just had a look at the new report features. Sadly, there's still no way to include the Title Description (collector's edition, special edition, etc.). I'm disappointed about that :(

G

graham.myers

Also spotted you can now add which currency you bought them in.

Hopefully an "insurance Report" will come along shortly so we can value our collection

S

Squirrel God

Also spotted you can now add which currency you bought them in.

Hopefully an "insurance Report" will come along shortly so we can value our collection

You can get spending summaries in the Stats section so should be able to design your own insurance report.

docsmith2k1

Graham
Download a report called DVD Discount report - it compares the price you paid to the RRP - and gives you a list of your DVDs and their total cost

S

S.S.Dhuper

Hi there, Can anybody tell me what this DVD Profiler V2.0 is??? thanks in advance.

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by S.S.Dhuper
Hi there, Can anybody tell me what this DVD Profiler V2.0 is??? thanks in advance.

Click on the links in my signature below and all will be revealed (although the site is having problems at the moment). ;)

Then click on the link in Doc's first post and download. Just enter the barcodes for your DVDs and it does the rest.

groundy

Standard Member
OH MY GOD!!

You can actually enter in your favourite website for ordering DVD's (i.e., Play.com), enter you Play account Username & Password and the forthcoming titles you want. Then as soon as they are released at Play, DVDProfiler automatically orders them for you :eek: :eek: !!!

Disclaimer:
Only works in DVDProfiler V54.0 - not released until the year 2029.

S

S.S.Dhuper

It's a fantastic program for your DVD's, but I've got Win 95 but in the download it starts from Win98 and up-ward, so no good for me unless I upgrade.

G

graham.myers

Originally posted by groundy
OH MY GOD!!

You can actually enter in your favourite website for ordering DVD's (i.e., Play.com), enter you Play account Username & Password and the forthcoming titles you want. Then as soon as they are released at Play, DVDProfiler automatically orders them for you :eek: :eek: !!!

Disclaimer:
Only works in DVDProfiler V54.0 - not released until the year 2029.

It seems to be only certain dvd suppliers and play isnt one of them unfortunatly

S

Squirrel God

I have noticed that the regions now have localities, but you can't change the locality.

The ratings are also based on locality but the R2 UK and Aussie R4 ones are mostly wrong :mad: :(

G

graham.myers

Yeah I noticed the ratings were wrong. I amended all mine and then contributed them.

hopefully that'll get filtered "up there" and will update everybodies databases

S

Squirrel God

I updated some and contributed them as well, but the fact that you can't change the locality is annoying. Some dual R2,4 DVDs are coming up with UK ratings systems even though they are Aussie disks.

If it's dual R2,4, it only shows up as R2 as well, e.g. my BTTF trilogy box set :mad:

Gonna take a while for all these little probs to be smoothed out me thinks :(

M

Maukka

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I have noticed that the regions now have localities, but you can't change the locality.
Yes you can. From the top menu 'DVD / Change Locality...'.

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by Maukka
Yes you can. From the top menu 'DVD / Change Locality...'.
Brilliant! Thanks mate :D

I didn't think to try the menu options, was just relying on the toolbar and the tabs.

A

Adders

A while back I sent an enhancement request to the authors (Inter wassname), asking for a barcode scanner interface (given their recommended truncation of the EAN / UPC code) ... guess what - V2.0 support scanners!!

Excellent product.

CodeThief

It also includes a nice new menu option "Download all images" so I can get back all the images I lost when the DB screwed up in v 1.1!!! yay :)

Dave

martian1

General skanky, i have this profiler program but have not had a lot of time to mess with it. I like the layout of your DVD collection [i viewed your link] and would like to compile my collection the same... Not being that great on PCs how easy is this to do and were do i start? also can you save your profile to disc in case its corrupted on hard drive. Many thanks. :D

Thor

Standard Member
Hi martian1,
Go to Menu File and select Backup Profile Database to store your database on hard drive and then burn it on a cdr. The file is too big for floppies.
To set up an online view like General Skanky's, you have to go the their site and select My Profiler section, dont bother to download the program and you will face a screen on which you read the 3rd paragraph. After entering your name and a password you will proceed to set up a specific web page solely for your DVD's on their web site. You can then give the web page address to your friends so they can see your collection too.

:) < My DVDs'.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG adds to TONE Free earphone lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for August 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky Q sports coverage gets live HDR