DVD Profiler Questions

zebredy

(Pleas move this if in the wrong place)

I have two questions regarding DVD Profiler...

The first is - I have the unpaid for version of DVD Profiler and was wondering what the benefits are of buying it were. Like what extras do I get and are the really worth it for me?

The second is - I have some movies / TV box sets that don't seem to come up on DVD Profiler, and I have even tried inserting the discs into my computer or doing a search for them, but nothing (sometimes I do find the same movies or TV series but with slightly different covers and info)

One example would be that my husband has a Jodie Foster Collection that comes with 5 movies, one being Silence of the Lambs. Anyhoo, when I put the individual disc in to see the movie come up (all movies are individually packaged and come in a big open box) the movie comes up as a special edition movie (which my copy isn't), and there is no mention of the Jodie Foster Collection. This was after I typed in the EAN number on the outside of the big open box.. Anyone have any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Goooner

Distinguished Member
First question, I think with the paid for version you get higher resolution cover art, I think maybe there's a limit as to how many titles you can have on the free version (not 100% sure on this one, as it wasn't always the case) and you get to feel good in yourself helping to support a great product:D

Second question, if the discs you own don't appear on the database, the idea is that you enter the details (or as many as you can) that's pretty much how it's supposed to work anyway.

blaster9999

Novice Member
(Pleas move this if in the wrong place)

I have two questions regarding DVD Profiler...

The first is - I have the unpaid for version of DVD Profiler and was wondering what the benefits are of buying it were. Like what extras do I get and are the really worth it for me?

The second is - I have some movies / TV box sets that don't seem to come up on DVD Profiler, and I have even tried inserting the discs into my computer or doing a search for them, but nothing (sometimes I do find the same movies or TV series but with slightly different covers and info)

One example would be that my husband has a Jodie Foster Collection that comes with 5 movies, one being Silence of the Lambs. Anyhoo, when I put the individual disc in to see the movie come up (all movies are individually packaged and come in a big open box) the movie comes up as a special edition movie (which my copy isn't), and there is no mention of the Jodie Foster Collection. This was after I typed in the EAN number on the outside of the big open box.. Anyone have any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance for any help...
You need to add it to the system yourself (it relies on users to add to the central database). It not hard really only had to do it once myself.

DVD-Man

Paid for version lets you give out a web link so people can chek out your discs.

Liam

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom