1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Profiler changes...?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just added a couple of DVDs and I noticed that titles that start with a number (e.g. 12 Monkeys) are now sorted alphabetically as opposed to all the numbered titles being at the begining which is how it always has been (e.g. 12 Monkeys is now under "T"). Presuming that your collection is listed alphabetically of course...
    I haven't changed anything... Is anyone else's like this? (not that I mind, I am just curious)

Also - still can't get DVD Profiler to recognise the Region 3 X-Men 2 tin! :(

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    Couldn't get it to recognise my 1-disc R2 X-Men 2 either...

3. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it registered my reg1 , 1 disc X-men....must check again.

I organise my collection alphabetically ie 12 monkeys under 'T'.

4. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, scrap that...it recognises the 2 disc version, not the one disc...

5. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    It put 12 Monkeys in T but left 13th Warrior where it always was.

It's a shame cos when looking at other people's collections, I found it amusing that just about everyone had the monkeys

6. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    figrin_dan
    itprobably put 12 monkeys with T as somebody updated the profile and said profiler should sort it that way. just edit the profile again and then you will have 2 option: title name
    and sort title under, under sort title just write 12 as I assume somebody will have changed it to "twelve"

HTH

7. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    the only problem is the next download will switch your sort title back unless you untick the update when it downloads changed profiles.

I have the same thing with my bond films. I have then sorted under james bond and then the year of production, so they appear together in release order.

I had to ignore changes to the bond profiles cos they kept getting put back in proper title order.

In the current beta release they have private sort titles - this may solve the issue but the documentation hasnt been updated yet so I'm not 100% sure if thats what its meant to address.

8. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you can block profiler from updating the titles (just click on the DVD and say block title)
    do you guys actually regularly update ALL profiles??
    I tend to do it with new DVDs but not iwth old ones. esp as they have the correct specs and the next update will give wrong specs again.

9. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I group my titles together in my own categories, for example sometimes by Director sometimes by theme. I do this by giving EVERY dvd a prefix in the Sort Title field. For example I want all my zombie films to be listed first, followed by all other horror films next, so Resident Evil has a sort title of 'A Resident Evil' and Exorcist is 'B Exorcist', so that Res Evil always gets listed before Exorcist. If you use CTRL+L when highlighting the title it will become locked and the profile will not get automatically updated.

Also, alot of you guys post when your title is not recognised by the profiler, so why don't you try submitting the profile yourself ? Never tried it myself so if anyone tries it let me know how it went.

10. eechiwawa

eechiwawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Terminator 3 R3 isn't showing yet. I submitted a profile for it, but its not appearing yet. I've never done one before.

11. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used the 2 disc template and just changed the barcode/EAN number and the cover image.