• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dvd price fluctuation question/tracking etc

W

wiganowl

Hi,

Im putting this in general chat, as its a general question and im not sure what to do!

i recently purchased a dvd for the missus! (the hills season 1-6 box set!)

then i noticed that you could get laguna beach,the hills and the city, in a box set too!

so i intended to order it yesterday, it was around 44 quid (the hills was 34 - so the extra 2 entire series was worth a tenner)

the problem was i left my bank card at home, so i went to order it now, and its gone up everywhere to 53 quid

(The Hills,The City + Laguna Beach - Collection Box Set DVD - Compare Prices at Find-DVD.co.uk)

any idea how often these prices fluctuate, as i wanted it for saturday......but a tenner extra in 16 hours seems severe

nheather

Distinguished Member
I'm certain that Amazon has price tracking software that automatically adjusts it's prices against a set of selected competitors.

I'm seen Amazon prices change by as little as 20p on a printer costing over £100 just so that it remains the cheapest.

Wouldn't surprise me if other companies use similar systems.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom