1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Popcorn

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by simonph, Oct 24, 2003.

1. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just pre-ordered my Bo Selecta 1&2 set from DVD Popcorn, very good price but am a little bit alarmed that they debit my card when the order is placed and not when the item is shipped... Is this normal with some retailers?

s

2. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes some retailers do this, althougth it is not best for the customer it is not uncommon.

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Actually it's safer (depending on the billing method) cos your details aren't floating around god knows how many encrypted/protected or unencrypted/unprotected systems.

I've worked for some shops that had ecommerce sites and the security there was appalling.

Anything that redirects you to Worldpay etc is better, as your details are only stored for the amount of time it takes to process your transaction.

It might be more convenient (when preordering etc) to know the money will only go off your card when the thing is actually shipped, but it's intrinsically less secure.

regards,
    anephric

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,969
    Yes DVD Popcorn do that. I've used them many times and they've never let me down. On one occasion they phoned me up to make sure I really wanted 2 copies of a particular DVD (I'd ordered one for a mate as well). Nice of them to bother about things like that.