DVD Players with VGA out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by evochris, Jan 5, 2005.

1. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I appologise if this question has been asked before. Are there any dvd players out there which have vga output for direct connection to a plasma / projector? I believe this is the best connection method for a plasma?

Cheers! :)

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,334
    It probably isn't the best connection overall but the Primare DVD's have a vga output.

3. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tons of fun.

At those prices I think i'll stick with the Kiss DP500!! :eek:

Think i'll spend the money on a set of MS genie's instead (I guess you'll agree that's the best option!! ;) )

Cheers!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    a good componet player is best for plasma/PJ use

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Using a AE100 projector I find VGA much better than component although component is still very good. Besides you can only get 1:1 pixel mapping with vga/svga or digital connections as far as I know.

There are a lot of cheap ebay auction dvd players that have vga output. I believe its illegal for them to be fitted with VGA outputs and display copyrighted material at such resolutions so you won't get such players in the high street as they would be open to prosecution.

The Kiss dvd players (like my DP-450) can use a VGA adaptor cable but the kiss firmware prevents use of copyright/macrovision material at these resolutions. However downloaded divx movies and copied dvds (with macrovision removed) work perfectly. If your a total pirate they're great but if like me you have a collection of 100s of copyrighted dvds in addition to divx and non macrovision commercial dvds you either have to keep switching to s-video or have a second player connected to the projector using component. I keep hopeing someone is going to do a modified firmware for the kiss without this restriction but so far no luck.

6. GingerMagic

GingerMagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    http://www.neuneo.com/body/product/dv308/feature.asp

scroll down and you'll see it has VGA output, quite cheap, but shipping is about $50 to the UK. Voltage should be fine too.
    Could someone let me know whether or not this could be connected directly to a TFT monitor, can't seem to find any info...

Cheers, Paul

7. GingerMagic

GingerMagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hmmm, answering my own question here.

You CAN connect this player directly to a tft monitor apparently. good news for me at least :)

Paul

8. aligamer

aligamer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The H&B divx dvd player 3255's got VGA output and under £70 with prog scan, bloody bargain! :p