DVD Players with RGB loopthrough

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cbemoore, Apr 30, 2003.

1. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'm looking to buy a new DVD player, but I really need one with twin scarts and RGB loopthrough.

I'm looking to spend up to £150, but most of the players in this price range only seem to have one scart socket. I've been considering the Marantz DV4100OSE from RS (down to £150, and has twin scarts), but this doesn't have any of the latest bells and whistles like MP3 playback or prog scan.

Can anyone suggest any other players?

Cheers
    Chris

2. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I've got a Philips DVD-763SA for about £140 from Amazon recently (Richer Sounds list it too). Made Multiregion using a Remote Hack.

It has twin Scarts (i'd guess it's RGB loop, but I've never tried it), does NTSC and PAL60 output, plays SACDs (!!) and MP3 CDs.

Bargain machine, considering the spec.

I bought it as a second player for the bedroom - I just needed 2 scarts on a cheap player.

Cheers

Phil

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    A Toshiba SD220e (or any other DVD player) and a £10 SCART switching box from Argos is another option.

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Look out for a Sharp DV-740h as they have excellent picture and sound, full compatibility with media and formats and can be made macrovision free as well as having twin scarts. This makes it ideal for putting on a scart chain because there is no macrovision at all. Ideal for piping the dvd picture around the house via the aerial system. To make it macrovision free you have to upgrade it via a cd upgrade though.

I recently saw one in Currys for £129.99 and I actually have a spare one after upgrading to a Samsung HTM150 home cinema system. Mine is £85 delivered (still guaranteed to september and as new).

Anyway check out;

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=891&Search=Search&#comments

http://www.sharp.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=448