Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD Players with HDMI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whitebloodcell, Jan 11, 2005.

1. whitebloodcell

whitebloodcell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am looking for a DVD Player to go with my new Toshiba DLP 46" TV. I have read around a bit on the forums, and I was settling on the Samsung HD945, however this is difficult to find other than on Pixmania which is quite expensive. I am going to be using the Speakers of the TV for a while until I can buy some speakers and a Reciever. Does the HDMI sound have much benefit? Can i connect the Cheaper Samsung HD745 to the HDMI input of my TV over the DVI Output? if not, what other alternatives do I have? I am looking to not spend too much.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    DVI out from a DVD player to HDMI in on a TV should work, but DVI is video only so you will still need to connect audio leads to the TV until you get a separate AV system.

Mark.