1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD players with bookmark feature?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Typical Janner, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Typical Janner

Typical Janner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Our Toshiba SD220E has recently started to get a bit selective about which DVDs it will play, so I guess it is time for an upgrade ...

Looking to spend less than £200 on something to pair with an Hitachi PD7200. HDMI would be preferred, although I am aware that this might not be a significant improvement over component. Don't need onboard decoding, as sound will be handled by a Yamaha AV amp. Not too bothered about divx, SACD, MP3, etc, but won't rule out a player simply because it has these. Needs to be multiregion.

One of the features the player must have is some form of bookmarking ability, that will remember where you were in a DVD when it was stopped (with young kids, sitting through a whole movie in one go is something of a rarity!). It would be nice if the player could 'bookmark' a number of DVDs.

Also looking for something that doesn't feel like it is about to fall apart everythime you open the tray!

Any suggestions or personal recommendations?

2. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the forthcoming Sony DVP-NS92V is right up your street (November launch though).

HDMI, 40 multi-disc resume (sony's name for 'bookmarking'), solid build and tray, and probably excellent picture and topnotch sound.

3. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As far as I remember, Pana S97 can "bookmark" up to 5 DVDs. It has a superb PQ with HDMI and you should be able to find it round £150 or less.