1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Players and DACs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mundu, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Mundu

Jan 31, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    My kit atm:

Souce: E-MU 0404
    Amp: CA Azur 540A
    Speakers: Wharfedale 9.1s

I was just going to buy a CA Azur 540D to play my CDs and DVDs as I really need a multi region DVD player but then I discovered DACs.

Now I think going along the DAC route would be a good idea but I would still need a multi region DVD player as my current DVD player has trouble playing my DVDs and refuses to play most of my CDs.

Am I right in thinking that the transport isn't that important as your using a DAC and any sub £100 DVD player would be fine? If so I really need some reccomendations for multi region DVD player that I can use as a transport for the DAC that I will be buying.

Now as for DACs I've heard a lot about the Meridian 203 and N O S DACs but the only one I can find is the 203 on a auction site for £215 atm. Also my 0404 had digital output so would I be able to use that with the DAC as well as the DVD player?

One more thing what cables would I need and would you reccomend to connect everything up as atm most of my stuff uses rubish generic RCA cables.