Dvd Player

L

lee/gem

:hiya: WE'VE BEEN LOOKING TO BUY A NEW DVD PLAYER

WE'VE SEEN A LIMIT 9900SE £149.95 AND WOULD LOOK AT BUYING THE HOME CINEME KIT LATER,

WE'VE ALSO SEEN A SONY DAVS400 WITH H/CINEMA £199.95

AN ADVICE ? (HELP!!!!!):confused:

I have the sony Davs300, and have had it for some years, it still performs well and the home cinema side is very good.
The advantage of the combined DVD/Home cinema is a smaller compact unit rather than two seperates.

Thanks, But because we've never heard of the limit make, were ar not sure of its quality

Gary Lightfoot has used the Limit, and several others. Do a search/PM him.

Hi,

I've recently tried the Limit 9900SE, Toshiba SD520e, Cambridge Audio 57 and Philips 963sa.

I found the Toshiba to have the sharpest image in interlaced mode of them all. The Limit is quite fuzzy in comparison, though the progressive scan output was a lot sharper, it still wasn't quite as good as the Tosh in interlaced.

If you don't need progressive scan, then I would reccommend the Toshiba - it's now only £170 if you use Mays What Hi Fi ad with Richer Sounds.

I've not seen the Sony, so I can't comment, but they do get good reviews as far as I know.

HTH

Gary.

Thanks Gary,

We went to richer sounds they suggested limit at £149

But for £50 more we can buy the sony DAVS400 at £199

does anyone know of any other deals for the about the same price

I would get the Toshiba, and buy a seperate AV Amp & speaker package later.

Say Yamaha AV amp at £200, Kef Eggs at £600 (or better speaker package)

It'll blow the Sony away, be more upgradeble, better picture & sound & easier to swop a item (ie DVD player)

If the Sony DAV DVD player dies the whole thing is pretty much useless.

It depends what you want.

If you're looking for entry level surround in one box ... definately get the Sony.

Yes the Tosh + AV Amp + KEF Eggs or similar will sound better ... it also cost many time more. It will also take up more space and depending on your point of view won't look at nice either.

My preference would still be for the Tosh plus AV kit later ... but its upto you how much time, money and space you want to dedicate to a Home Cinema.

Vikki

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom