DVD Player

MerMan

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm using PowerDVD currently with a Radeon 8500 and the scrolling doesn't seem to entirely jerk free.

Any ideas?

Regards

ps Allan, picture detail seems impressive but its too light at present to really give an opinion so you will have to wait :)

Wilson,

Have you enabled hardware "decoding" (can't remember exact word) in PowerDVD ?

What processor are you using ?

Beyond that I'm a bit lost. I'm using a non-ATI 7500 under Windows ME. I suspect you are using your 8500 under WindowsXP and this opens a bit of a can of worms regarding driver versions/PowerDVD versions.

Having said that, even on my setup I've never got silky smooth pans but I've put that down to the 24fps film source.

Allan

I've got an hardware DVD accelerator card for sale on that well known auction site. There are no bids at the moment so you'll get it dirt cheap!

It's basically a Hollywood+ card but badged Videologic. You get comp and s-vid ouputs as well as DD 5.1.

DaveP

Hi,

I'm also using a Radeon 8500 with Power DVD (XP 4.0)...

... and I've also got issues with picture quality and scanning (using latest ATI catalyst drivers and latest PowerDVD patch too).

Strangely (or probably not) ATI's own DVD player provides a much better picture than Power DVD - supposed that it's optimised for the chipset and drivers!

Mark.

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately the projector I was trying out at home is waiting for uplift.

When I do buy a projector (positive) I'll give your suggestion a try.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom