1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by davebees, Jun 20, 2002.

1. davebees

davebees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, (ref dvd rw dvd r)

HELP ! At the moment I own a toshiba sd3109 dvd player
    I have recently aquired some copied dvd,s however they will not play on the toshiba,
    Therefor can anyone out there recomend a player that will play copied dvd,s up to max £400, thanks for all replies.....

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No disrespect to you dave, but I'd urge everyone not to answer this question. Copied DVDs mean Piracy, and should be actively discouraged.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I support Pointon's "point on" that (I'm proud of that :p).

Seriously, think for a minute about what you want to do here Dave. You're going to spend £400 on a DVD player just so you can play some copied DVDs???? Madness. How much would it cost you to buy the originals? Considerably less!! And how good will the copied DVDs be compared to the originals?

Stop wasting your time with copies and pay for the quality and longevity of originals. ;)

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hang on a minute. Why do you assume he has pirated movies?

Davebees could have almost anything on a copied dvd. There are such things as dvd recorders legaly available. However, if they are pirate copies, then shame on him - I do not endorse this.

Back to the original question. A lot of the budget models in manufacturers ranges often had only one laser which could read only original dvd/cd discs. The step-up models usualy had a twin laser - which could read both. Look for players that are advertised as being able to play CDR and CDRW discs. There are quite a few budget models comming out now which will read both discs. Sony DVP NS305 and Sony DVP NS405 models, for instance.