DVD Player with Scart in / Component Out

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bakero, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bakero

bakero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at getting a Panasonic E85 to take input from sky+ (via SCART) and output to a PWD6 plasma screen component board.

However, by upgrading the hard disk in the sky+ i don't really need a DVD recorder, so thought I may be able to get a better quality player for a lower price - but it would need to be able to output to the screen.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
    Dave.

2. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    You have probably thought of this, but how about a Panasonic e55 instead.

Will still give you the scart rgb to component conversion you need (inc prog scan) plus dvd recording and is only just over £200, making it alot cheaper than the e85.

I use an e55 connecting my sky box to my ae300 projector and it works a treat

3. bakero

bakero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cheapest I can find a multi-region E85 is £408, and think the E55 was about £220 I think. It is another £200 but I'm reluctant to buy a DVD Recorder that doesn't have RAM (although I'm not exactly sure why!)

It sounds like I'd get a noticeable quality difference from a decent player only, but if it has to be an E55/E85 to get the component out then so be it!

Thanks
    Dave.