DVD Player with progressive scan PAL & NTSC

B

brlaw

Hello,

I just bought a Panasonic TH-42PDWD4 plasma and I'm looking for a DVD player that can output progressive PAL and NTSC.

I am considering buying the code-free and macro free Pioneer DV-444 DVD or the code free Sony DVPNS700D for DVDCity in the US.

Does anyone have experience with either model or know of the repuations?

Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if the Panasonic TH-42PDWD4 accepts PAL progressive signals?

Thank you!
:)

There's not much choice for PAL progressive in the UK. Several players can be hacked or modified but (I think) only the Arcam DV27 and DV88 (with progressive board) can do a decent progressive output.

Can't help you with the inputs on the Panasonic but it was the screen I considered before opting for a projector. £4,500 seemed a lot for a screen only 10" bigger than my 32" TV one!

Yes the panny plasma accepts PAL progressive. For a DVD player look at the Arcam DV88 or FMJ27, the Denon 2800, the Philips 962SA (asian version from hivizone.com, SACD too!), the Skyworth and Nintaus players which I believe are also available at hivizone do PAL progressive too I believe. I'd avoid the Pioneer 747A to be honest as there are better players available for the money. As far as plasmas go the Panasonic is a damned good choice but I'd agree with Nigel in that 42" might sound a lot but it's not really and for movies it just has to be a projector really..

Cheers
Andy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom