Dvd player with Dell 24"

chrisnic0

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question. Ive got a dell 24" LCD is it worth me getting a seperate DVD player (Pioneer 575?) and connecting it via component which will allow me to get prog scan PAL and NTSC?
Thanks
Nico

is that the 2405 monitor, or a 24in LCD TV from Dell?

if its the LCD TV then prolly worth getting a DVD player....

if its the monitor i wouldnt be so sure, the monitor has a massive native resolution of 1900x1200 if i remember correct....not sure how well a DVD player will cope with that, might be better to run things from DVD-ROM drive thru your graphics card....dunno, ask if you can demo it :)

btw, u should be able to get progressive scan out of the computer anyway, u just need an adaptor from the DVI port to Component cables...

if i remember correctly that is, and that your graphics card is capable...lol
or would it be a TV card u'd need? hmm...good question.....read up on HTPC's......might be useful for ya...

Hi thanks for the info
Ive got a 2405. And ive got a X800 HD card? do u know of any good sources where i can read up on dvd-rom prog scan, HTPCs etc?
Thanks again
Nico

Hi, ive read that the Dell 2405 only supports 480i and 480p through component?
Where does this leave people who want to use the XBOX 360 and external dvd players? the DVI or VGA port?
nico

It supports 720p throught component as well. At least, mine does.

Dont worry about 'prog-scan' if your playing back via a PC - it's already playing back progressively. Try VLC as a free DVD player to start off with. Then search this forum for Theatretek if you want a really good DVD player package.

thanks very much for the info.
Btw im really into this prog scan but how do u know its actually working?
Thanks
Nico

cnicholas said:
Hi, ive read that the Dell 2405 only supports 480i and 480p through component?
Where does this leave people who want to use the XBOX 360 and external dvd players? the DVI or VGA port?
nico

i dont think it matters which port, i use VGA port on my projector and it shows up as 720p from my computer.....

www.anandtech.com is a good forum for info regarding computers, not sure how big a section they will have concerning HTPC as i'm not worried about that yet, but they have a lot of very helpful people there who can link you to sites with info....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom