DVD player with Croma delay

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cutes6, Jan 18, 2002.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi everyone I have recently made some improvements to my projector which have caused me problems in other areas !!!

I have a Pioneer 636d which has been fantastic but now I have an obvious problem with croma on the colours and unfortunately my dvd does not have this adjustment - the obvious route is to upgrade to something like the Pioneer 737 (if I can find one).

However this upgrade may not go down well at home so are there any other things I could try to improve this problem I have - ie would a top quality svhs lead solve the problem or not (the one I have is pretty good now)

My projector does not have component imputs so its got to be the svhs connection - so if there is no solution with the 636 what other machines should I consider or is the 737 the one for the money.

The new machine must be multiregion and preferably manual region change(none of this having to put other discs in for rce etc)

Does anybody have anything that might interest me and is anybody interested in the 636 .

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    I understand that the 737 is, or will shortly be, discontinued, replaced by a 747.

They can therefore be bought for much less than their original price of £700 ish. Even at £700 (chipped from Sevenoaks S&V) I consider it an excellent buy.

The region selection on my player is auto/manual - meaning that, when set to R1 it will play all R1 titles, and will also play non-RCE titles from other regions. Since there aren't any RCE titles outside R1 this means it will play anything.

3. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for that Nigel it looks as though that's the way forward unless anybody can help me with ideas of what to try before I go spending all that money, thanks once again

4. AndyF

AndyF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike,

I've got a 737 and it fixed the chroma delay problem instantly. I can pop it round for you to try if you like.

I did have difficulty finding somewhere that had them in stock. The places advertising them for £400 don't seem to have any. I ended up buying it from www.hotkit.co.uk for £450. An alternative is the Sony 9000ES. Superfi were doing them for £650 - half price. Not sure if they still are, but it might be worth giving them a ring.

Changing the lead won't do it I'm afraid.

Andy.

5. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Andy that sounds like a good idea however I am just heading upto the Metro center right now( I must be a mug) I want to be back mid afternoon at the latest- I am not sure if I have your number but I will ring you on my way back

Mike

6. AndyF

AndyF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike, I'm at work. I'll drop you an Email.

Andy.